Sunday, March 1, 2009

Easter Bonnet


Oh my goodness, I am so happy to finally get a new card posted on my blog. I have been so busy this past week with work, then Ash Wednesday was super busy for me since I work at a Catholic church. Then my husband had surgery on Friday and I had an all-day retreat I facilitated on Saturday. So today, Sunday, I took some me-time and finished this card that I started earlier this week. Isn't this sweet little chick from Rubbernecker just the cutest in her fashionable Easter bonnet? I stamped her on 140# watercolor paper with Versamark and Superior Black India ink and then clear embossed her. She was watercolored with my SU ink pads. I found a pack of spring like paper with colors that matched up well with SU's Blue Bayou, Groovy Guava and Certainly Celery. It's Chloe's Closet from Making Memories. I used Stickles on the flowers to give them some extra bling.
I took some of the double stitched grossgrain ribbon form SU, gathered it and glued it to the back of the circle I cut with my Nesties and then mounted that piece on a larger scalloped circle aslo cut with Nesties. The eggs too were stamped on the watercolor paper, watercolored and then glazed.
This card is a little departure from my vintage, retro, distressed norm but it was fun to work on.
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Chick and Easter Blessings are from Rubbernecker and the Easter eggs are from Studio G Clear stamps (the $1 stamps from Jo-Ann's).
Paper: SU's Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou and Whisper White, Making Memories Chloe's Closet DSP.
Ink: Versamark, Stewart Superior Black India Ink, Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, Almost Artichoke and Groovy Guava
Other: Cuttlebug and Circle/Scalloped Nestabilities, the flourish is a QuicKutz die, Martha Stewart double scallop punch, Blue Bayou double stitched grossgrain ribbon, stickpin from Chole's Closet line by Making Memories, Crystal Effects, pearls and some crystals from the SU Pretties Kit, small crystals are Sworski and the tiny green butterfly charm is from Jewelry Findings, sewing machine.

2 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

Love this card! So cute!

Hey, you won 1st place in the KDT Challenge! Congrats!

Sherry Cheever said...

So Adorable! Love the bright springy colors and particularly how you decorated the inside of your card!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com