Sunday, April 26, 2009

Which Way to the Beach?




















Watch out! Molly Moose is on the loose. Isn't she adorable? She's all ready for a beach day with her inner tube, sunglasses, beach blanket and "umbrella" drink. I made this card for SC225 at SplitcoastStampers and it's perfect for the OCC color challenge this week too. For OCC we are to make a card in our favorite color combination. I paired up the great beachy colors of SU's Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery with Basic Grey's Euphoria DSP. This is also my first ever image colored with Copic markers. I finally broke down and bought a set on sale a few weeks ago and have been practicing with them.

I stamped the cute flip flops on the Basic Grey paper and then double stamped the flowers on vellum, colored the back side with SU markers to coordinate with the paper, trimmed them out and then brushed them with a mixture of a few drops of LuminArt's Simple Solutions (acrylic medium) and a sprinkle of LuminArte's Metallic Mica Luster Pearl. It makes a shinny mixture that you can paint on to give a bit of shimmer. I used it on both the flowers on the flip flops and the hibiscus.




For the inside panel, I stamped the flip flops on the Euphoria paper and trimmed them out, again making the flowers out of vellum as I did for the front. I think this is such a cute stamp from Obsession Impressions.

Because I sell my cards, I have to put the copyright information on the back as required by the companies' angel policies. So I have been prettying up this requirement on my cards. I did this one by making a die cut with the Mega Rectangle Nestabilities and overstamping it with the hibiscus stamp in Tempting Turquoise. I thought it added nicely to the beachy feel of the piece.


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Moose stamp - The Peddler's Pack, Hibiscus - Stampendous!, Flip Flops - Impression Obsession, Stampin' p! Priceless
Cardstock/Paper: Vellum, Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Neenah Solar White, Basic Grey Euphoria DSP
Ink: Stewart Superior India Ink, Copic markers, Tempting Turquoise and Pink Passion SU markers for coloring the vellum
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, Spellbinder Curved Rectangle Mega Nestabilities, Stickles, LuminArt's Simple Solutions (acrylic medium), LuminArte's Metallic Mica Luster Pearl, Starfish charm - K&Co. Seaglass Collection
Have a beachy week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Linda! This is so cute, funny, pretty, etc.! I saw it in my side bar and just had to come take a closer look. I ABSOLUTLy LOVE IT!!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG! I am cracking up over here! Love this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com