Friday, May 22, 2009

Your Smile Brightens My Day












Here's a 12x12 scrapbook layout I just finished. I really like making these shabby style layouts. They take me awhile with all the distressing and sponging of the edges. Plus I handmake a lot of my elements rather than using prepackaged chipboard stickers. I spent one entire evening making the paper flowers for this layout. Plus I cut the chipboard letters out with my Cuttlebug. I had originally covered them with a lighter blue floral paper, but I didn't think they popped enough so I cut another set with brown paper and glued it to the original set - that took awhile too!


There are two journaling tags peeking out from behind the main photo mat, one was cut with the Mega Rectangle Nestabilities and the other I traced from a template and hand cut. I stamped the flourishes on with Chocolate Chip creaft ink for a nice deep image and then added Kaiser half pearls and soem topaz rhinestones. The paper is K& Co. The brads are plain silver plus a couple of SU rhinestone brads plus some jewelry findings to set them off. I also cut two primatve chipboard hearts with my Cuttlebug and the Hearts & Stamps die and then painted them with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint.
I love making frilly, girly vintage type paper art so this was a joy to work on and I was really pleased with the wayit came out.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, This scrapin' lay out is just gorgeous! I can just envision some black & white grandparents' photo's added to these! I'm wondering if you will be posting these type item's on eBay? Happy to be a follower here!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I just love the colors you've used Linda, so soft and soothing to look at. Very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this lovely creation! It's so beautiful! The color choices are perfect.

maxine said...

Beautiful work, lovely colours and I love the flowers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com