Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gold 'N Angel



This week, our challenge at the Creative Card Crew is to make a card with silver or gold on it. So here is my design team card with a bit of gold. Well maybe a little more than a bit - sometimes I don't seem to know when to stop! But I think it works - I like the gold against the navy blue.

The main image is from SU's retired set Yuletide Montage, stamped with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and colored with chalks. I used a little Antique Linen Distress Stickles on her wings. The main image is mounted on a panel die cut with Nestabilities Large Deckled Rectangles, stamped with the Script BG stamp and embossed with Judikins Egyptian Gold EP. The DP is SU's retired LeJardin pack. The gold CS is also from SU and was die cut with Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Borderabilities. The tag was cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags. The Merry Christmas stamp is from SU's A Cardinal Christmas and the gold half pearls are from Michael's.

Wishing you blessings on your week!

Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.

4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - your card is just gorgeous - I love that image and the gold - DIVINE!! This is one gorgeous card Linda - you work always inspires me - love it! Thanks for sharing Linda! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Christine said...

This card is so elegant Linda!

Hearts Turned said...

Just gorgeous, Linda! What a beautiful angel--and what beautiful things you did to embellish your card!

Hope you're having a lovely winter's day!

Dianne said...

Hi Linda. This card is so beautiful and elegant. I love the blue and gold colors.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com