Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Days


This week our challenge at the Creative Card Crew is a sketch challenge. I jumped at that challenge to make a vintage card. I am making a lot of cards now for digital image companies, so when I get an opportunity to do a more open challenge, I like to work in my vintage images. This is another of the vintage calendar images that I started with in April. I love the greens in this DP and ribbon and they matched up perfectly with the vintage image. Our hostess, Emma Lockly, has given us this beautiful sketch to work with. I kept it fairly simple with just one layer of DP (retired SU Brocade Backgrounds) and then three strips of Very Vanilla, sponged with Creamy Caramel and embossed with a CB folder. The distressed edges of the DP were sponged with Antique Photo distress ink. I don't remember where the ribbon is from. It's been in the old stash for several years. The flower is from Prima, the bead cap from eBay and the stick pin from SU Pretties Kit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I had to offer for the challenge. Be sure to stop by the Creative Card Crew blog to see the other wonderful DT samples and then show us what you can do with this wonderful sketch.

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges entered:
Crafty Cardmakers - Distressed

6 comments:

Suzana said...

it's wonderful!!!! congrats for your wonderful cards! I'm speakless!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Linda! This is simply beautiful. You know I love your vintage work, and this one is extra special since I'm a May baby. Love it!

Cheers,
Susan

Pauline C said...

Fabulous Linda - stunning details ! Hope you have a great week
pauline x

Maria Matter said...

this is so beautiful Linda!!! I love vintage and how you embossed the vanilla panels!
take care hun
blessings!

Made by Mandy said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colours and the vintage feel to it.

Thanks for joining us in our latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers :)

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Gosh, this is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen! LOVE it! TFS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com