Monday, March 28, 2011

My Easter Bonnet

My Easter bonnet is brimming over with a profusion of glorious spring flowers.  This week our challenge to you at Simon Says Stamp and Show is to Show Us a Hat.  That's a pretty wide open and fun theme for a challenge.  As usual the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show has offered quite a selection of hat projects for your inspiration.   

My hat is a an Easter bonnet.  I recycled a straw hat that my daughter had years ago, stripping off all the embellishments and creating a riot of spring flowers made with crinoline cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and dyed with reinkers.  For the flower centers, I coated jumbo brads with vintage gold glass glitter and micro beads.  My eggs started life as colored plastic eggs which I primed with Claudine Helmuth's Gesso and then covered with spring inspired fabric using Claudine Helmuth's Multi-Medium Matte.  

Here's a close up of the flowers.  What a joy it was to make them.  It took awhile and I used over a half yard of crinoline.  I'm thrilled with this colorful and vibrant Easter project for my seasonal decorating.  Hope you like it.  And wait until you see the makes from the rest of the team.  It's another week of super inspirational projects.  Check them out at Simon Says Stamp and Show and then show us your hat.  Our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp and Show,  is offering another $50 shopping spree to the lucky random winner.  So get in it and maybe win it.


Thanks for stopping by and for your wonderful comments.  Feel free to leave any questions in the comments or email me privately.


16 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Look at all Those beautiful flowers.. I just love your Easter Bonnet.

Hugs, Linda

Candy C said...

Hi Linda! Okay..so now that I'm getting a closeup look at your hat...I LOVE the flowers! I love that crinoline stuff...it works up so beautifully and takes color so well. And your eggs are darling! Your Easter bonnet is so adorable! Love everything about it! <3 Candy

MariLynn said...

Linda, your flowers are amazing. I love how they look on the hat. Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day today!

Terry said...

Hiya Linda, thank you for sharing your AMAZING bonnet hun.....I just love the colors, the way the flowers are colored and the flowers from the crinoline stuff are AMAZING.. Fabulous job Linda, your AMAZING. hugs terry xxx

Jane K said...

Oh wow your hat is beautiful, I love your flowers and how you have done the eggs. Ok I'm off now to hunt down some crinoline :)

Suzi Mac said...

Wowzer!!!! You were right my dear, this is amazing, no wonder you were excited, stunning flowers on the bonnet,and those eggs are to die for. You clever girl.

Hugs
Suzi x

Rebecca Ednie said...

Awesome flowers! I can't believe you made them all! Whew! Congrats on being honored at TSTR for your ATC! Yeah!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my I can only imagine how long that took to make but it is such a beauty, perfect Easter bonnet!

Dianne said...

WOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE these flowers. Great project.

Hugs,
Dianne

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Linda I am lost for words.....well nearly, lol.....this is one awesome Easter bonnet, all those stunning flowers and the eggs, I have spent such a long time drooling over this creation it is mind blowing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne Forsythe said...

YOU sooooooo ROCKED the flowers girl!! JOB WELL DONE!

Payne Holler Cards said...

amazing! just amazing! love that crinoline - would never have thought of anything like this - your talent is incredible!!!
hugs GF

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness, you weren't kidding about the project having a lot of flowers this week :) Linda, your easter bonnet is absolutely stunning!! Wow!! I love the festive colors and they coincide so well with a traditional straw hat ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barbara Jacksier said...

Gorgeous! Too bad Easter doesn't last a month.

Gillian .... said...

Oh Linda, this is so pretty, the crinoine flowers are amazing.

Annika said...

oh.my.god.
wow.
This is just beyond pretty - whatever that krinoline stuff is yoy can sure make pretty flowers out of it!!
And your eggs I am going to remember for forthcoming years when (we'll - read I'll) have to make Easter bonnets yearly for kids...lol
Hugs
Annika

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com