Friday, March 11, 2011

Delightful Daffodils

We're having a party over at Fairy Fun Fridays!  It's our Fairy Queen Roberta's birthday and it's the one year birthday of Fairy Fun Fridays.  We hope you will make a birthday or party themed card and join in the fun with us.  

I seem to be hooked on daffodils lately.  This is the second time I have used this delightful Daffodils image from The Prairie Fairy in the last two weeks.  A few other challenges caught my eye too as I was looking for inspiration so I shaped this card around them and about a dozen more that are calling for spring or flower themes.  I used the sketch from Mojo Monday.  CRE84FN has a yellow/orange/kraft theme and The Kraft Journal is doing spring fling.  

I used some yellow raffia that I edged with Rusty Hinge distress ink to make it resemble daffodils.  I got inspired and decided to make the main image a daffodil and then took it further and created my own handmade one for the corner.  I blinged it up a bit by adding some Star Dust Stickles dots.  Using a piece of crinoline, I inked it lightly with Rusty Hinge and then stamped a Tim Holtz flourish in Rusty Hinge.  Then I ran it through an SU butterfly die.   The designer papers are from My Mind's Eye and Crate Paper plus I used Kraft and Barely Banana CS.    

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you will pop over to Fairy Fun Fridays to see what the rest of the team has for your inspiration.  


Additional Challenges Entered:
Crafty Cardmakers - Fabric (butterflies are crinoline)
The Pink Elephant - Spring Time
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Stitching
Papertake Weekly - Lemon Ziggy
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Pals Paper Arts - Easter/Spring

32 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Linda, LOVE the raffia and the daffodils and the stickle dots! This is absolutely WONDERFUL! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Katrin said...

Очень красиво!

Margreet said...

your daffodil card is a treat for the eyes, Linda!
xxx Margreet

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Linda! What a STUNNING card! Love all the layers, texture and those Daffodils look AMAZING! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! Linda, this is stunning, love the design, stitching, raffia, it's just so gorgeous. Love it. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Suzi x

Beverly G said...

That crepe paper and rusty hinge go great together. Wonderful card. All the elements really compliment each other. Thxs for the wonderful comment, I may get close, but probably won't surpass.

Christine said...

Waouhhhhhhhh magnifique ta carte, j'adore les couleurs, elle respire le printemps !!

Bon week end
Bises
Christine

Dorte said...

Hi Party Girl!
Your card for the challenge this time is awesome. Beautiful colouring and lovely bright dp.
Have a great weekend.
hugs Dorte

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Linda! This is just gorgeous! Stunning! Such a creative use of your stamps. Love the flower with the fringe, and the embossing, and the sweet way you did your sentiment. :)
So glad you joined us this week over at The Kraft Journal.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the raffia - the flowers and the colors! Beautiful!

Ginny said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! It makes me smile, making me think of spring. I really like what you did with the rafffia, too.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

All your beautiful elements have made a beautiful card. Stitching..even my sign didn't help me..I love it and yours is so perfect.Good luck on all the Challenges..What size are most of your cards?

Kelly said...

Linda I love the raffia touches it gives a cross between soft and whimsical. Great card!

Tracy said...

Wow that raffia really made everything on your card extra special. Thanks for sharing this lovely with us at The Kraft Jouranl!

Deb said...

really beautiful creation Linda, love the embossing and your colors
Debs
xxx

Unknown said...

Linda, I abosolutely adore this gorgeous card and have selected it to be featured on our "Feature Me Friday" post March 18th at The Kraft Journal. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for our Spring Fling challenge and be sure to stop by the blog to see your feature and pick up your blog button on that post as well!!!

Louise Brown said...

Your card is amazing!!! Love all the layers and color.

Andrea M said...

Linda, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love the raffia!!! What an awesome frame for your image!!! Beautiful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Diane said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the stitching and all the pretty details...colors are beautiful, too!!

Deborah Frings said...

There is so much detail in your card. I love the daffodils and the raffia has such texture. It's fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week.

Tasha said...

Wow gorgeous card, the colour is yummy, love the image too
love tasha xx

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous! Love the crepe paper details. Gorgeous flowers.

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Simply gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a truly stunning creation! Thanks for sharing with us at PTW this week. x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Linda this is absolutely awesome it is also full of so much creativity and inspiration all the wonderful embellishments and image it looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie Carriere said...

This is so pretty! Love all the different elements. Fantastic job. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday:)

Cor* said...

Linda, this is so gorgeous it's 'jaw-dropping'. such a warm, spring like card! Fabby stitching! Oh wow! What can I say...you have outdone yourself following a great sketch and bringing those flowers to life!

Beverly Montez said...

Linda, this card is just stunning! I noticed it right away when you posted it on the draft! I love the color, prairie sister. HEY! The first gal to post is one of my good stamping buddies!
XO
Beverly

Unknown said...

This is so stunning Linda!! I love the beautiful peach colors and shade of flowers! Beautiful stitches too. Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just Beautiful, such a creative use of the raffia!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Such a stunning card Linda! I really love this sketch from Mojo...I will have to get a chance to play with it! :D

xx Tracey xx

Jen said...

Beautiful card!! Love the butterflies!! I didn't know I could cut crinoline in the SU butterfly Embosslits die! I had to check that out just now!! Thanks!!!
Jen :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com