Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Tough Challenge!


Good morning and happy Saturday!  So happy to see you back to check out my sample for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge.  So what, you wonder, is this week's challenge?  Our challenge host, Kristin, has created a 1-2-3-4 challenge.  That's one patterned paper, 2 layers, 3 stamped images (sentiment can be one) and 4 embellishments - can be four different or the same.  The full description of the challenge can be found on the challenge blog.  Well, you can imagine the tough time I had with this one!  Really, I almost folded.  Two layers?? Come on, pl-eee-ase!  I had at least three different cards designed before I finally hit one that I thought would work with my style.  But in the end, I really like the outcome.  And that's why tough challenges are so great. They really take us out of our element and allow us to create something we normally wouldn't have.

Here is my two-layer card.   Built on a shell of Bravo Burgundy, I created one layer with the top half of K&Co. designer paper and the bottom half is Kraft run through the Cuttlebug Moraccan Screen embossing folder.  I ink distressed the kraft panel with Aged Mahogany and dabbed my homemade glimmer mist around the edges of both the upper and lower panels.  I used two Tim Holtz stamps in Aged Mahogany on the K&Co. DP - Flights of Fancy and Urban Grunge.  My sentiment is from the Verve Thankful Hearts set.

My four embellishments are 1) Cuttlebug die cut corner, 2) Boss Kut die cut leaf flourish, 3) handmade flower and 4) row of lace.  Mysecond layer is my sentiment was created by stamping with the Verve Thankful Hearts set on a Spellbinders die cut and embossed with the Cuttlebug Organic Flourishes folder.

Okay gang.  Now it is your turn.  Stop by Our Creative Corner to get inspired by the wonderful work of the rest of the OCC design team and then get to work on your recipe card.  Can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I deeply appreciate your supportive comments!  Have a wonderful weekend.

20 comments:

Nancy said...

This is beautiful, Linda!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful effects with this card. It is lovely. Enjoy the weekend.

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the colors! Good luck

Netty said...

Oh wow am so loving your card and your flower is beautiful. Terrific blends of colour. Annette x

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous color combo and embellies(especially the flower). You did a smashing job!

Lori said...

Awesome! Love how you used that Tim stamp, that's a tough stamp to use, I think. Looks great here! And the dry embossing on the bottom half with the paper on the top is a wonderful idea!

Kristin said...

This is really wonderful! I love that embossing folder and the details of the corner punches. And splitting the 1 layer - *genuis* Sorry it was so hard ;)!

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty Linda!! I love all the elements on this vintage beauty!!! Your flower is perfect!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Linda,
I love that even though your card only has 2 layers, the texture and distressing make it so luscious! It has so many elements that work well together.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cor* said...

This is gorgeous Linda. I love your color palette. Def is a tough challenge. I look at what I've made and nothing qualifies......I dunno if I can do it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well Linda perhaps you should venture out of your comfort zone more often!
This card is rich and detailed,and it is gorgeous, I am partial to the earth tones.
What a wonderfully different challenge, if I have time I may have to check in and have a go at this one.
Smiles:)

Anonymous said...

I left a message but I don't think it saved right. Hopefully this isn't a repeat. I wish I could arrange so many elements to make such a beautiful card. I love the green pearl in that perfect flower that brings out the other green tones. I'd never have thought to do that. Just lovely, Linda!

HappyCrafter said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the distressing and flourishes.

Sarah Gough said...

splitting the bottom layer was a great idea! I love the rich burgundy on this, and the flower! Have a great weekend!

Lori Rider said...

This is beautiful, Linda - I love the colors and the French look to it. Your distressing is perfect as always - gorgeous!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love how you split your layers and added such "ooomph" to the patterened paper with your stamps. What a gorgeous card!

Elena C said...

Linda, I am totally blown away with this card...it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love the look, the feel and just the overall beauty. WOw! I hope you don't mind but I'll be CASEing this one!!!

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful work!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a beauty!! This is gorgeous.. That does sound like a fun "did I say fun" Challenge..

Hope you have a great day!
Hugs, Linda

Sharon Wheet said...

Hi Linda, I just love your card! You did a wonderful job with this challennge! I love every element of your card

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Linda both awesome and beautiful, wow, the papers, distressing flower and embellishments look absolutely top notch.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com