Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Shabby Little ATC



This week at Our Creative Corner, our host Rebecca Ednie is challenging us to make an artist's trading card (ATC).  ATCs are miniature pieces of art measuring  2.5 by 3.5 inches.  Rebecca has given us a color requirement for our ATCs - use kraft plus black or brown, white or cream and one other color.

I must admit, this is only the second ATC I have ever made.  Despite its small size and uncomplicated nature, making this ATC did not come easy to me.  I thought it would be a snap, very quick and easy.  But I hemmed and hawed over it for hours, tweaking this, changing that.  This is what I finally ended up with.  Not sure but what it needs to be tweaked some more, but I flat ran out of time.  So much angst over a few little bits of paper, ribbon and buttons - LOL!

Anyway, this awesome new Button Boutique set by Papertrey Ink and the matching die were absolutely perfect sized to make an ATC.  I started with a kraft base and stamped it with Chocolate Chip ink.  I took a doily and sprayed it with a mixture of water, Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls and just a tiny half drop of Vintage Photo reinker.  I was going for a cream color for the white doily and it actually worked. I found 4 brown buttons and affixed them to the button card with glue dots.  Then dyed my seam binding with Rose Romance reinker.  I've had some polyester twill kicking around my workstation.  I purchased it thinking I could use it like the cotton twill, but didn't like it.  But it worked beautifully to make two tiny ribbon flowers with.  I've also had this teeny tiny clothes pin on my desk which became a perfect embellishment.  I grunged it up a bit with Vintage Photo ink, applied a little German glass glitter in gold and a large pink rhinestone.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages set and the little tag was cut with a spellbinders tag die.  Most of the beads on the stick pin are from the SU Pretties Kit.  That's pretty much all I can tell you about my ATC, but if you have questions, please let me know.

Hope you will be joining in the ATC fun over at Our Creative Corner.  Be sure to stop and see what the rest of our design team has made for this challenge!  Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.







Challenges Entered:
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Buttons
The Shabby Tea Room - BINGO (buttons, flowers, glimmer/glitter)
TuesdayThrowdown - Anything But a Card
The Pixie Cottage - Sketch and/or Sparkle

32 comments:

emilysnan said...

hiya , i LOVE your atc x i a have been in a few atc swaps and challenges lately and i an lovin them , your one is so vintagey and gorgeous i just had to comment x tfs
xmaggiex

Sarah said...

Linda - this is an absolute beauty - I just love, love, loooooooooove everything about it!!!! Colours are just fab, the doily, the bling - the vintage charm - just all so scrumptious...Now I want to run upstairs and make one too! About to give a card workshop - feel like scrapping all the kits now...got ATC flushes!

Sarah x

Irene said...

Hello Linda

Your ATC is exquisite and bgeautiful a miniture work of art.
I love every single detail.

luv
irene
xxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love ATC's..If this is an uncomfortable zone for you. Act on it...you have created a beautiful project. so Vintage You are 1 creative lady!! Enjoy the weekend

Anonymous said...

i love it linda! i have never made an ATC, just gotta try it. i looove your pin, its fab. you gotta tell me how you do your pins like that.
hugs

Anne said...

Hi Linda, found you via Maggie over at Emily's Nan... the ATC project sounds like so much fun, a perfect way to kill some time on a snowy indoor day! Yours is GORgeous!! Come visit me if you have time and enjoy bird and nature theme decor. Anne

Esther said...

Very pretty!!

Love the use of the doily!

Deb said...

gorgeous Linda, what a fabulous pin and all over creation, love it
Debs
xxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Linda ! For something so small you have added a stunning selection of embellishments, all put together beautifully. Sue C x

Unknown said...

Hey Girly.. I am luv'n that little piece of art.. Your ATC looks wonderful. It has your vintage style that I love so much.. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hugs, Linda

Lori said...

It's awesome, and so totally Linda! I love it, and I must check into that button stamp, that is so cool. Great idea to use it for an ATC.

Dinkalulu Silicone Molds said...

Absolutely beautiful work!! I'm following your great blog. :)
http://dinkalulu.blogspot.com/

Lori Rider said...

What a wonderful ATC, Linda! The button card is the perfect size - love it. Your vintage style works so well here - beautiful!

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda I think your ATC is perfect! Beautiful mini creation of art! Doesn't sound like you will be making another one anytime soon though! haha

stephanne said...

It takes restraint, doesn't it, to not stick all the goodies you've got on there, lol!! This is beautiful, the colours are lovely and the pin and ribbon and your selection of details looks fantastic!!!
hugs, stephanne

Robin said...

It's like all my favourite things wrapped up in one sweet little ATC! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at My Partner in Crafting Crime,
Robin

Adrina said...

Wow, what a gorgeous ATC.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

tiggertastic said...

this is so pretty i love all the texture on this make
sarah x

Stef H said...

GOR-G-US!!!! thank you so much for joining us at MPCC.

hugs :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Love your ATC Linda!!! I soooo love that stick pin, no body does this vintage shabby chic look like you!!! Your amazing!!!

Sadilla said...

very prety
thanks for sharing at the pixie cottage
hugs
sadia

Nancy said...

Love this, Linda!! I've not made any ATC's for awhile - think I need to do a few soon.

Trees said...

What a gorgeous ATC. Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.

Marjie Kemper said...

So pretty! Love how you tied on the beads.

Sarah Gough said...

totally gorgeous Linda! I just love the hat pin and that pop of pink! *hugs*

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Linda! You sure did a fantastic job on this week's OCC challenge! I love the PTI stamps you used- they were perfect for the ATC! Have a great week :)

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Linda! I LOVE your ATC!!! I see you made some AWESOME roses!!! Every detail on this card makes me smile!!! I have trouble with ATCs too... I guess I just need lots of room! LOL! Yours is fab!!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Awesome to know that the button die is perfect for ATCs. That is very exciting! I can't wait to get it!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Oh wow, this is soooo pretty!! You used such gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at MPCC.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is fantastic, ATC's are hard to work in that little space but you did so much with it and so Love that pin :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog, and comment I really appreciate it!

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love the image & colours, this is such a lovely ATC. Thank you for sharing this with us at PCC. Janet

Kim said...

Your ATC card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com