Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Artistic Outpost Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the monthly Artistic Outpost blog hop!  This month we are featuring the Route 66 and Huck Finn plates.  Please stop by the designers blogs to check out their amazing work with these two sets.

Gerrie Johnnic * Lisa Somerville * Suzanne Czosek * Anita Houston * Linda Coughlin * Tracy Evans * Yvonne Garner

I chose to work with Huck Finn - love this set!  My background was done using Tim Holtz's Marbled Stains technique - the distress stain colors I used were Picket Fence, Weathered Wood and Faded Jeans.  I used Ranger manila CS which takes the stains very well.  I stamped the Huck card with Ranger Sepia archival ink and also stamped a few images from the set onto the background panel with the same ink.  I used the new Honeycomb texture fade on a piece of manila CS and sprayed it with a combination of Vintage Photo reinker and water.  I inked each of the letters in Explore separately using Faded Jeans DI and stamped them in a cells in the honeycomb.  I did this by inking each letter separately and bending the unmounted stamp so only that letter touched the paper.  The same results could probably be achieved by masking off where you didn't want the other letters to touch.

The tiny ship from this set was colored with a marker and stamped on manila CS, then cut it with a Spellbinders small circle die.  After inking the edges with Vintage Photo DI, I applied several coats of UTEE, when it was hardened, I cracked it and applied a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Stain in the cracks.  The rusty bottle cap, rusty stars, compass charm and rusty wire mesh are all from my Zibbet boutique.  Love that ATC die too - I made the little photo corners that are cut with the same die and used the Rusted Enamel technique from the Compendium of Curiosities I book by Tim Holtz.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for any comments you care to leave.  I so appreciate all your encouragement and support!








Products used from the Funkie Junkie boutique:

11 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning Linda, I love the background combined with the rusty elements. Love your use of the honeycomb texture fade and stamping the letters onto it. My favourite piece is that rusty bottle cap with the stamped UTEE piece inside. Gorgeous layout and as always beautifully put together. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Truly Amazing!!! I love the rusted embellishments. The colors and textures are fabulous.

Pam said...

Love this! The honeycomb texture fade is fabulous. I adore the rusty bottle cap and the other rusty elements. This is stunning.

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

ooohhh...I love how you used rusty bits and the little ship in the bottlecap...so creative!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the Huck Finn image! Love all the added rustic embellies, texture and stitching!

Dorothy C. said...

Love everything about this card! Especially all the little rusty bits. It's my favorite from this blog hop.

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, this is just stunning! I could absorb the details for hours. So much eye candy to take in! Love the honeycomb texture folder and all the rusted elements. Perfectly composed and colored. Bravo! Yvonne

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Absolutely stunning!!!! I love the explore and the stitching!!!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic ship in the bottle cap! Always love how you bring the different textures into your cards. Gorgeous!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This turned out so very cool, old and rusty, just like me!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such a great card. I love the vintage colors used, and the great embellishments. You have such a great eye for color!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com