Saturday, March 16, 2013

Just a Little Steampunk

The early century feel of the Paperboy plate put me in a steampunk mood for this tag.  Starting with a jumbo manila tag, I sponged and stained it with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks to create a vintage feel.  A piece of foil tape covered card stock was cut with the ticket die and then run through the Riveted texture fade.  The ticket was then painted with Pitch Black acrylic paint, allowed to partially dry and then rubbed off with a paper towel, leaving some black paint in the cracks.  The gears were cut from card stock, painted with Espresso alcohol ink and clear embossed.  The stamping was done with archival inks, either Sepia or Jet Black.  The background on the front flap of the folded tag is from the Industrial Background plate.   The upper fold of the inside of the tag was stamped with images from the Paperboy plate and on the bottom the newspaper from Charles and Amelia was used.  The paperboy was stamped on a separate piece of card stock, trimmed out and popped up for dimension.  
My hanger is ball chain and I kept the tag closed with a mini paper clip.  Such a fun set to get grungy with!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag Linda, love how you've used the tag to do a reveal. The stamps are gorgeous (was playing with mine yesterday!). Hope you're doing OK. Sue C x

silvergran said...

Great tag! I was stuck making a steampunk card, but not any more! Thanks for sharing, and for the inspiration!

Karen Schroeder said...

Wow... Love your tag card! Your work gives me such great inspiration!

Jenny Marples said...

Superb ideas here Linda and I love your steampunk take on these stamps. Thinking of you, hugs Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

So cool, Linda... I love the little locomotive on the front, and all the stamping is fantastic! What a great fold structure too...
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning make Linda! I adore the outside, the effect on the ticket is so cool, but I really, really love the inside, the combination of stamping in Sepia and Black is just so cool, and I love that Paper Boy! Can't wait to start playing with him!!

Yvonne Garner said...

This is amazing Linda! Love how you blended the various stamp sets! So creative. Hope things are settling down. Facing a similar situation with my step father. Take care.

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Linda. Fabulous
xx

shari said...

Another awesome tag, I love how you folded it. The stamps are really cool!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very cool little tag card Linda! Love the vintage feel and images! Sorry to hear about your mother. I hope all will be okay. Hang in there. Sending you prayer!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

My goodness...I love the design. Thanks for sending me the jumbo tag sample with my last order. They are wonderful, and I am already addicted. I'm having so much fun with them. This is yet another great idea! Thanks, Linda!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com