Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Springtime Serenity

Hello and welcome to Artistic Outpost's March Blog Hop.  Our theme this month is Backgrounds/Typography or Sentiments.  This is the first time I have used the Serenity plate from Artistic Outpost and I thought it was perfect for a lovely spring scene.  I stamped a little scene to create a background for my tag.  The stamping was done with Coffee archival ink and it was sponged with Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade.  I used the Rays texture fade to create sun rays, sponged them with Squeezed Lemonade and painted then with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, then distressed them a bit with Vintage Photo DI.  I cut crinoline with Tattered Florals and Mini Tattered Florals M&S, colored them with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain and made a flower for the sun.
The inside of the bottom flap was stamped with the floral flourish and the flowers were stamped again, colored with Squeezed Lemonade, painted with Rock Candy Crackle Paint, trimmed out and mounted on pop foam.  I stamped Harmony and Symphony using Jet Black Archival and then clear embossed them.
I created little closer clips by bending a small filigree metal in half and sliding it over the closed flap.

Here is our March hop line up.  Hope you will stop by their blogs to check out their awesome pieces and leave them some love!

Gerrie Lisa * Suzanne * Tracy  *Alison * Terry * Kate

Thanks so much for stopping by today!









These products used to make this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

19 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Very, very clever and inventive Linda. Love the embossed rays (can we borrow that sun in the UK please?!) and the flap at the bottom is genius. Hugs, Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

I love the folded surprise tag construction - what a wonderful idea! And I love what you've done with the Serenity stamps (they were my first AO stamps along with Old Grist Mill!); they look gorgeous under that amazing glowing sun - fabulous tag!
Alison x

Barb Cady said...

This is a great Spring tag, I especially love the hinged surprise and the tattered floral sun and rays!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful Spring feel to this Linda and I love those filigree clips you created, lovely touch. The embossed rays work fabulously with the image. A very creative piece. Tracy x x

Maryanne said...

I love this tag, Linda! The folded flap is a such a great idea!
I love surprises like that!

Suzanne C said...

Love the secret panel! Beautiful sunny scene! (We could use some of that now!) Love the embossed rays along the top.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Spring scene, love the colors and the addition of the lovely flower as the sun!

Terry said...

Linda, I just love this tag! The pops of yellow and that flower will brighten any day! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Linda ! Love the hidden image and the colours are beautiful ! Sue C x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So very interesting, love the sun rays and the surprise!

Jean McKenzie said...

This is beautiful Linda!! I love the stamps you used and those sun rays! We would like to see more of those here right now! The soft colours on the scene look so good. Another of your beautiful flowers too - such a pretty colour!

Connie Fossenier said...

Linda interesting and defining textures...love this set one of my fav's...awesome tag.
connie paxman

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love the double lower panel- and the rays of Sunshine- awesome!

Sophie said...

Wow! Diese Farben sind so schön.
Ein wunderschönes Tag ist dir da wieder gelungen, Linda.
Und eine tolle Kombination von Stempeln.
Ich bin begeistert.

Sophie xx

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Linda, I am a bit late making it around to the blog hop... Crazy day yesterday. Anyway, I think your project is the perfect spring time inspiration. I admire how you can use the lanscape and scenery stamps and pull them off so they look like a photograph. Gorgeous! And I love your creative rays of sunshine. Lovely!
Kate

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

There is something very spiritual feeling about this tag for me Linda...just stunning. Love the quote and the gorgeous sun rays!!!

mitz said...

,, you came up with a wonderful tag...luvin the layers... thanks..

mitz said...

,, you came up with a wonderful tag...luvin the layers... thanks..

marda said...

This is sooo pretty... gorgeous yellow. I have that stamp set and it's a favorite. Love the way you used it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com