Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Recipe for Shabby Chic


Hi friends,

I'm back with my recipe for shabby chic with the mid month posting for the all new Our Creative Corner challenge.  Jenny is our host and she has given us a recipe challenge - pick at least one ingredient from each of three columns and use those items on our make.  So I used everything from column A - lace, ribbon & fabric, wood and metal from column B and inks from column C and here is my the result.  I started using the charming For Mother paper from Pion Design, using two sides of the same sheet and ran a narrow strip of burlap to cover the join.  I adhered the burlap with Claudine Helmuth's Multi Medium Matte.
I love this floral filigree metal piece that I sell in the boutique but had ever gotten around to using it.  It made a nice starting point for a charming medallion for this card.  I still had a piece of the Melissa Frances pleated satin ribbon sitting on my desk, which works great for edging something curved.  I topped it off with a pretty floral wooden button, also from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

The sentiment is from the Artistic Outpost Typography plate, stamped with my favorite all purpose stamping ink, Ranger's Jet Black archival.   Almost done, but the top looked a little lacking so I added a sweet white jute ribbon and a little tri-bud hand painted with my mixture of inks that I use to hand paint my Venise lace appliques.

Be sure to stop Our Creative Corner for today's fresh dose of inspiration - you won't be disappointed!  And you still have a couple more weeks to play along.  This challenge closes on June 28th.

Wishing you all a great weekend filled with pleasant summer sunshine (and no storms!).








These products used to make this card are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:




9 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Linda. Those papers are really beautiful. I just love it all. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Hallo Rita,
wundervolle Karte.Sie gefällt mir ausgezeichnet gut.

Libe Grüße Petra

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful vintage make x
xx hugs trace x

Words and Pictures said...

It's so delicious, Linda - delicately pretty, with perfect vintage distressing - lovely!
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

Love how you've made that metal flower such a focal point with its ribbon trim and the beautiful papers work really well with it. Utterly chic and not so shabby! Hugs, Jenny x

Viv said...

Just love this Linda!

Hettie said...

This is so beautiful and elegant Linda! Lovely!
xx
PS I hope your ears weren't burning today....I was talking to Bella about your 12 tags!! xx

marda said...

I love shabby chic and this is just beautiful. Especially like that medallion and ribbon bit.

Redanne said...

This really is shabby chic at it's very best Linda! Beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com