Thursday, July 18, 2013

Simple Summer Pleasures

Hi there!  I'm back with my sample for the Funkie side of the Summertime challenge over at Frilly and Funkie.  Terry's challenge is off to a great start and we've had some awesome entries.  There is still another week to play along.

I decided to make a pocket tag for this challenge, cutting what was the bottom edge with the Butterflight On the Edge die and then folding the tag to create the pocket.  I stenciled the top edge with the Dots an Stripes stencil using Broken China and Squeezed lemonade.  Then I sponged on the polks does using the same stencil and just Broken China distress ink.  I ran a thin line of wonder tape along the edge to seal the pocket.  I masked off the bottom section and sponged the butterflies with Squeezed Lemonade and then stamped them with a stamp from the Artistic Outpost Serenity stamp in Jet Black archival.  Then I moved the mask to cover the butterflies and sponged the bottom poriton with Broken China and then did my stamping in Jet Black archival.  The stamps on the blue panel are from A Lovely Day and of course all the edges are shaded with Vintage Photo DI.
Next I cut two tags with an older Sizzix die, stamping the front of the top one with the floral flourish stamp from Serenity and then sponged it with Broken China.  For the bottom, the little girl was colored with Distress markers
A tiny whisp of burlap and a paper rose finish the piece off.
Thank sos much for stopping by today.  I hope you will stop over to Frilly and Funkie and see the amazing pieces the DT is sharing this week.







Here are the supplies I used that are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


4 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous make! Love the butterflies and the addition of the little tags, very clver and it looks super with that bit of burlap and the flower. For me it is always these little details that make all the difference!

Maryanne said...

This is so beautiful! I love the butterfly edge and the colors are beautiful together. Cutting the two small tags and putting them together is such a great idea. Fantastic!

Terry said...

I am so loving all these pocket tags of late! Linda, this is amazing and I love the butterflies for the edge! That little girl tag is colored so beautifully! Love this!

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant make, Linda! I love the fresh colours, and your stripes are starting to make that stencil look like a must... Delicious double tag insert - altogether a delight!
Alison x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com