Monday, November 4, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #7

Time is marching on.  We're already into November, daylight savings time has faded into the early twilight of standard time and the holidays are just around the corner.  Anticipation is picking up and we are already onto Christmas Tag #7.  If you are playing along with me this year, thank you so much.  If not, there is still time.  You can complete the tags any time, in any order.  You just have to have them all finished by December 22 to be eligible for the challenge prizes ($50 grand prize gift certificate and two $25 second and third prize gift certificates to The Funkie Junkie Boutique). 

Here is my inspiration tag for week #7.  I hope you can find something on it to inspire you to make a holiday piece (card, tag, scrapbook page, home dec piece, etc.) and enter in into the challenge.  This week I created a background on my jumbo manilla tag using the Textured Poinsettia Pattern texture fade, sponged it with Vintage Photo DI and then applied embossing ink and Enamelware embossing powder.  My small tags were cut with an older Sizzix die from Maja Design It's Christmas Time paper.  The snowflakes were cut with a Stampin' Up decorative strip die and one was cut with the TH Mini Snowflakes die.  I stamped them lightly with a script stamp using Vintage Photo DI and then misted them with Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist.  I added a bit of linen ribbon plus a Festive Foliage to each tag.  The Festive Foliages were altered using Ginger alcohol ink and topped with a brown pearl.  The JOY letters were cut from gray chipboard from the Word Play die, painted white with Picket Fence distress paint, edged with Vintage Photo DI, covered with Glossy Accents and Clear Rock Candy distress glitter was applied while the Glossy Accents was wet.
The Joy to the World was cut with the Stacked Words:  Christmas decorative strip die from white card stock, edged with Vintage Photo DI, covered with Glossy Accents and Clear Rock Candy distress glitter.  The poinsettia was cut with the Tattered Poinsettia die.  I used the two smaller of the two flowers plus the mini poinsettia M&S die.  They were stamped with the script stamp from Apothecary (I'm addicted to that stamp!) using Vintage Photo DI.  The bottom one was also sponged with Iced Spruce.  They were all misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls.  The little foliage branches were cut from white CS, sponged with Vintage Photo and covered with Vintage Photo glitter, which has become my favorite distress glitter.

Those are the deers on tag #7.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and for your lovely comments. I hope to see your take on tag #7 linked up for us all to enjoy. I'll be back in the morning to add the link.


These products were used in the creation of this tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP.

12 comments:

Maryanne said...

Love it, Linda! I had to smile when I saw your "joy" tags. I used the word joy on my 4th tag which I'll post later this week! Great minds and all that!!
Have a great week.

marda said...

Another beautiful tag. You're such an inspiration to a (still) novice like me!!!!

Pam said...

Gorgeous tag, Linda! I so love your work.

trisha too said...

Beautiful tag, so Christmas elegant!

:)

joetterer said...

I love the shimmer.

Barb Cady said...

JOYous this tag is! I love the background and have been experimenting, hope to post soon! This is a great challenge Linda, I'm so enjoying it! X

Darlene G said...

Wow, that is just beautiful.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous texture & shimmer Linda! Love this week's tag!
Alison xx

Jane said...

I loved the tags on this one Linda...great inspiration x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous tag and wonderful inspiration again. Love every tiny little detail on your tag.

Hettie said...

I love this tag of yours so much I CASEd it! Fun to do and my favourite so far. Thanks Linda
x

Words and Pictures said...

Almost as off-piste as I've gone - no poinsettias, only stars!! But that background is pure genius - definitely a technique I'll use again, thank you!
Alison x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com