Monday, November 18, 2013

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #9

Welcome back to week #9 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  I can't believe how fast the time is flying by.  We are up to Tag #9 already.  I'm having a great time with the tags this year and I hope you are too!  Thanks so much to everyone who has been playing along.  I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind you to be eligible for the prize drawing at the end (drawing for one $50 gift certificate and two $25 gift certificate...plus everyone who completes all 12 tags on time and in accordance with the rules will get a 10% shopping coupon with The Funkie Junkie Boutique).  All the details are thoroughly explained in the Week #1 post, but here is a quick recap:

1 - complete all the tags and link by December 22nd
2 - your submission must be winter holiday themed
3 - in your post, tell us what inspired you on my tag
4 - your post must be linked back to my post
5 - your post must include a link to my shop which is sponsoring the challenge - www.thefunkiejunkie.com

As I have been visiting blogs and commenting on your awesome projects, I have noticed a few omissions so please take a minute to check all of your previous posts and correct any omissions.  I wouldn't want to have to draw again if the winner didn't meet the requirements.

Now for the deets on this week's tag.  I decided I wanted to play with the new distress glitter again this week.  I have to say, I somewhat disrespected this product when it first came out.  I hadn't tried it and just didn't think I would like it.  But I have to recant and tell you that I'm in love with it!  I cracked open a jar of Pumice Stone for this tag and it is marvelous!

I started the project with a jumbo manila tag and embossed a large snowflake several times with silver EP.  Then I scribbled on my craft sheet with Faded Jeans and Brushed Pewter distress stains and blotted the tag into the stain.  I cut a panel with the Baroque M&S die and stamped it with a large Tim Holtz music staff stamp in Jet Black archival.  The large snowflake was cut from chipboard with a very old Cuttlebug die.  I used Glossy Accents to blue the distress glitter to the snowflake

The silver roses were made with white card stock painted with Brushed Pewter distress stain and cut with the Tattered Pinecone die.  That branches that were glittered were also cut using that die.  I also dyed the cheese cloth with Brushed Pewter distress stain.
Two hearts were cut from white chipboard with a Spellbinders die.  The top one was cut with a Mini Snowflake M&S die and was painted with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain.  The bottom heart was covered with Glossy Accents and Pewter distress glitter.  Say it With Crystals from Prima completed the heart.  The sentiment from Mini Holidays 4 was stamped in Distress Embossing Ink and silver embossed.    I used a piece of silver waffle paper from Stampin' Up! for my hang tie at the time.  

That's it for this week.  Hope you are working hard to catch up and get your projects linked up.  Thanks so much for stopping by and a special thanks to all who are playing along!









These products used to make this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz produces are always 20% below MSRP.


14 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Linda I looove the silver and blue in this one......I shall certainly be taking that idea....gorgeous tag today. How quickly the weeks are flying by x

Barb Cady said...

Oh my goodness, so many lovely elements to this tag to be inspired by, I don't know where to start first, This is fabulous Linda! Week 9 already, yes it's certainly flying by, Christmas before we know it! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous Linda, can't wait to start with this one! So many things t be inspired by! Love the colour scheme!

Words and Pictures said...

A really beautiful tag, Linda... I still really want to attempt to catch up - it's starting to look like quite a mountain to climb though!!
Alison x

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! I love the silver! This will have to wait a few weeks until I get caught up on other projects but definitely will be playing along this week! :)

Maryanne said...

I love this tag. The blue and silver is so lovely and soft. I have the pumice stone glitter and can't wait to try it! I' caught up, so I can get right to work on this one!

rachel said...

the silver blue is stunning and the glitter fabulous - love this xx

Darlene G said...

Your tag is just beautiful. It isn't easy to make blue look Christmasy but you have. Gorgeous.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh Linda your tag is gorgeous! I love the colors and the heart. I think I found my inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect combination of colors Linda. Love this tag. Karen.x

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful. I want to copy it exactly so that I'll have one of my own. :) Thank you for the amazing work you share with us & for the inspiration.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just love your tag, it's really amazing and very inspiring.

craftytrog said...

Another beautiful, inspiring tag! Thank you Linda! xx

Suzanne C said...

just stunning! I love your gorgeous roses. Every time I try to roll them u they just fall apart. :) Gorgeous tag!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com