Wednesday, January 29, 2014

No ❤❤❤❤'s


Hello and welcome back!  Today I'm sharing a DT project for Frilly and Funkie.  Our hostess Cec has a positively wicked challenge - she wants us to make a Valentine project in traditional Valentine's colors of red, pink and white but NO HEARTS! What, no hearts? The design team rose to the challenge, despite our strong urges to add hearts.  I fought through the challenge and here is my heartless Valentine.    I started with a piece of white CS and using the new Tim Holtz Latticework stencil, I stenciled the CS with Vermillion archival ink.  Wow, what a pretty stencil, huh?  Because I was using red and white, I cut a white top for my normal jumbo manila tag and overlaid the tag with it.  Of course, I had to lightly sponge all edges with Vintage Photo DI.  
Then I went to town with handmade paper flowers and a vintage image to bring in the required pink.  In the mess on my desk I had the "from the heart" tag left over from a prior project and found a home for it here.  I cut some ribbon flags with a decorative strip die and stamped with the Tim Holtz Worn Text stamps to spell out LOVE.  I topped the doily off with a rhinestone ribbon slide and a little bow of red and white paper twist.  
And that's it for my heartless Valentine.  How about taking the challenge this fortnight over at Frilly and Funkie?  Just link up your vintage style project - we'd love to have you play along.  And be sure to stop by and see the other yummy projects - Frilly this week and Funkie next week.








These products were used to make the above tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and other name-brand products are always 20% below MSRP.  Check out my prices!


12 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Love that stencilled background and the diamonte ribbon slider buckle Linda. They make this a real feast for the eyes. Jenny x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed Linda, the new stencil is gorgeous (can't wait for mine to arrive) and the perfect backdrop for those pretty elements. I love the colours together especially on the white background xx

Julie Lee said...

J'adore! This heartless valentine is just about the best thing I've ever seen on this theme! What a challenge and you certainly rose to it! I love the pink and red together; that fabulous stripy bow and the super banner with the worn lettering. A great make! Julie Ann xx

Maryanne said...

You did a great job of conveying Valentine love without hearts, Linda! I love that stencil! This is a great tag. I'll have to join in!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! I love the ribbon at the top! Your flowers are beautiful !

rachel said...

fabulous creation Linda and what a great challenge xx

lilscrappers said...

Wow, that is a challenge! I love the colours in this! You inspire me to play every time I visit your blog.

Words and Pictures said...

Love this tag, Linda - the flowers are stunning, and I love the buckle! Can't wait to play with that lovely stencil!
Alison x

Cec said...

Stunning and it didn't need hearts to make it shine. I love the slider, that striped paper ribbon and the fabulous stencil.
Hugs!
Cec

Redanne said...

Even without hearts it looks wonderful. I love that new TH stenciled background and the flowers are beautiful. Great use of the worn letters on the banner too. Anne x

Donna Gibson said...

Hi Linda, This is a great challenge theme and I love your tag! I never would have thought you stenciled that background! It looks so perfect I thought for sure it was patterened paper. The banner across the top is a great touch! Hope all is well with you.

Anonymous said...

VERY beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com