Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hopes and Dreams

Here it is Sunday again and my turn to post an Artistic Outpost sample.  This week I chose to use the Beyond the Sea plate.  I stamped the two main images on a jumbo manila tag in jet black archival ink and sponged on Spun Sugar and Stormy Sky distress ink.  It was a little too bright so I sponged over the whole thing again using Vintage Photo DI.  The next step was to brush on translucent embossing paste, leaving the images free of paste.  Once dry, I brushed on crackle embossing past. When that dried, I sponged the whole tag again with Vintage Photo DI and then the edges with Walnut Stain DI. The sentiment from the Typography plate was stamped on a ticket die cut.

For embellishments I created sort of a slithery sparkly sea air with a Prima rhinestone flourish and Tim Holtz Mirrored Stars.  I added a bottle of dreams, seemingly empty because you can't see a dream but it's there.  The corners are new box corners that I just listed for sale in the boutique.  They are actually 4 sided box corners but I folded them flat and sort of tapped them a bit flatter with a hammer.

That's it for this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.

 


These products were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% blow MSRP.

5 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Love those gorgeous stam plates you used! The background looks amazing too, a truly gorgeous make, beautifully put together!!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely loved this over at AO - stunning crackle background, and so atmospheric!
Alison xx

Maryanne said...

What a great tag, Linda! I love that background with the embossing paste and the crackle paste! It looks great!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tag and so well put together. You can almost smell the wonderous salt air flitting around & hear the crashing of waves. Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tag. I love the images & the texture looks amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com