Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time to Bloom

Hello and welcome to my weekly post for Frilly and Funkie.  We are kicking off a new challenge this week and our newest team member, Nancy Dynes, is our hostess.  Nancy's challenge theme is Time After Time and she wants us to create a vintage project featuring clocks and a time theme.  The first week of the challenge is the Frilly team's time to share and next week we will be featuring our Funkie girls and what they have to inspire you.  

I created a shabby chic style tag featuring lots of Wendy Vecchi stamps and stencils.  This jumbo tag started out as a manila tag, was stenciled and stamped with Jet Black archival and then I used the wrinkle free distress technique along with Frayed Burlap and Gathered Twigs distress stains.  The tag was then liberally sponged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.  

I loved this sentiment stamp and thought it was perfect for this challenge.  The clock is a TH stamp, stamped in Jet Black archival on a piece of chipboard that I had painted white with Picket Fence distress paint.  I was a little concerned that the clock had no hands.  I had stamped "Time" on one small tag and "To Bloom" on a matching tiny tag.  I was struggling to figure out where to place the tags when I struck me that I could use them for the hands on the clock.  So I freehand cut them into arrows and anchored them with a tiny brad.  The word 'Time' was nowhere to be found on that stamp set so ended up cutting the letters out and cluing them to the tiny tag.  

My little flowers were cut with the Tattered Flowers die, sponged with Spun Sugar DI and stamped in Vintage Photo DI with the ledger stamp from Artistic Outposts Ephemera Backgrounds set. The flower centers are small fatback adhesive `. The leaves are from the same dye, stained with bundled sage DI and then misted with Perfect Pearls Biscotti.  

That's it for me this week.  Do be sure to stop by Frilly and Funkie.  The team has some amazing projects to share



These products were used to make the above tag and are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

12 comments:

Claudia N. said...

Wow! A beautiful tag!
Claudia x

rachel said...

great tag Linda - a very interesting little quote there - food for thought indeed xx

Marci said...

A beautiful tag!

wendy vecchi said...

wow. wow. wow!
perfection. I love all the little details!

Maryanne said...

Fabulous, Linda!!! I love the little tags as hands on the clock! So clever!! That saying is one I love and I have a different stamp with the same phrase. Love the colors, too!

Redanne said...

I love the way you did the hands on the clock and your stamping and flowers are beautiful. A really gorgeous tag. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely, Linda - a brilliant quote, and the flowery vintage look is wonderful!
Alison xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Your handmade clock hands are terrific Linda. You really pulled the theme together perfectly for this challenge. It's gorgeous!!

Kathy G. said...

Love this tag. The quote is beautiful. Great tip for the clock hands.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tag. The clock hands look great & the black stamping is very effective.

Nancy Dynes said...

I love, love, love your tag, Linda! So many gorgeous elements and techniques You are such an inspiring artist!! I learn something new every time I visit your blog.
Hugs,
Nancy

Deb said...

A beautiful and elegant tag, lovely the sentiment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com