Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On the Runway Wendy Style

Click the photo twice to expand and see the details
Hi everyone, we are back On the Runway again with the Funkie week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge.  Cec is still our hostess and we are to make a project in vintage or shabby chic style that depicts sewing or fashion.  For the Funkie week of the challenge, our designers stay a bit on the grungy side of vintage.  I opted to use a couple of Wendy Vecchi stamps and stencils to create my tag.  

I started with a jumbo manila tag and blotted up some Weathered Wood ink with it and added more staining with Vintage Photo.  I stamped the fancy stitching edge from The Beauty of Art set in Jet Black Archival and did some second and third generation stamping with the Vintage Mesh stamp.  Then Weathered Wood was sponged on through the Dots and Stripes Border stencil.  

The dress form (A Form of Art set) and the lacy panel (Sentimental Art) behind it were stamped with Weathered Wood and edged with Vintage Photo.  The sentiment was stamped in Vintage Photo.  The strips were sponged randomly with both Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo.   I cut it with pinking shears in keeping with the sewing theme.  And also in keeping with the sewing theme, I unearthed my sewing machine and did some stitching on the tag.  

My frame was cut from chipboard with the Ornate Frame die, sponged with Weathered Wood and edged with Vintage Photo.  Then 2 coats of UTEE were applied to give it the deep glossy shine.  

The old fashioned high top shoe and bag are from the Sweet and Small charm collection I sell in the store.  I took two of the barrel beads I also sell and glued them end to end to hang the charms from and threaded the dyed seam binding through them before tying the bow.  








These products used to make this tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.


14 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

I always love how you take Wendy Vecchi's products in a vintage direction. The stencilling and stamping combine beautifully and that frame absolutely completes it. Jenny x

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous tag, Linda - the finish on that frame is just glorious!
Alison xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Great project Linda and looks like your a dab hand with the sewing machine.
Julie x

Viv said...

Awesome as ever Linda - love it. x

Maryanne said...

Fantastic tag, Linda. No one uses Wendy's stamps like you! I love the background you created and the charms are perfect!

wendy vecchi said...

my favorite colors...love it!

Marci said...

I love the two tone color on this tag, very elegant. It is beautiful!

Cec said...

Wonderful tag. Love the colours because they are so vintage, those adorable charms and the lace panel with the frame around the dress form is fabulous.
Hugs!
Cec

Sue said...

A great use of the stamps and I love the colour.

Redanne said...

As ever, you have created a gorgeous tag - that frame is beautiful. Anne xx

Terry said...

Love a tag with attitude! Linda, love the vintage goodness and how you used that frame! Fabby creation. Hugs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wendy style, Tim style, and your style all rolled up into one! I love the charms, the frame, and the bodice!!! Go elegant and beautiful Linda!

Almo said...

Hi Linda this is a beautiful tag, I love the machine sewing and you have used my favourite ornate frame. Lovely subtle colours. Mo x

Unknown said...

Hi, Linda: I have always loved your work. This is exquisite. There are so many layers on this tag. You have a great sense of color, texture, design and style! You go girl. Mari

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com