Monday, November 14, 2016

Challenge: 12 Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie Style - Week #8



Hello and welcome to Week #8 of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  Today I have a simple tag.  I had a busy week and a weekend out of town which limited the time I had to spend creating Tag #8.  I started with what was basically a waste sheet that was left over from a project last year.  I don't even remember what it was, but I do remember spraying Dylusions Post Box Red on white CS and then adding some Perfect Pearls spray to get a few gold highlights.  Here is a picture of the background layer.


At the time, I thought it was too pretty to toss so it went into my left over box.  I cut it the size of my jumbo manila tag and glued it over the tag.  Next a Tim Holtz gold rub on was applied as a sentiment.    I found this cute vintage card and went old school with the lamp post, one of the first holiday Bigz dies designed by Tim Holtz (now discontinued - but sometimes it's nice to use the oldies too :).  I rubbed a little gesso around the edges with my finger to give it a snowy feel.  The glow in the lamp is Inka Gold rubbed onto a piece of white CS and then a coat of Crackle Accents was applied to give the "glass" a crazed effect.

Out came my Holiday Greens Mini Thinlits die set to cut the holly and the Tiny Tattered Florals die set to create the tiny roses.  I added a couple more gold rub ons and called it a wrap.

Nothing really special about this week's tag - sorry about that.  I do hope you can find something in it to inspire you and I do hope you will play along.  If you are new to this challenge, you can find all the requirements in my Week #1 post.  There is still time to finish all 12 holiday pieces by the deadline of December 19th.

Thank you so much to everyone who has stopped by, left comments and/or played along.  I'm loving seeing the awesome work that you are all contributing!









7 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this tag especially the crackle glass on the lamppost.

craftytrog said...

Love your tag Linda, with that cute little vintage image! Looks special to me!
Alison xx

Marci said...

I like this tag!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a gorgeous background. LOVE the colors, the lightpost...gorgeous tag.

Mimi said...

I actually really like this... what do you mean "nothin' special..."? It's very cool!!! Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful. The vintage image is so sweet and the lamppost very cool!

Marty F said...

I don't agree that there's nothing special about this tag, Linda - I love it! I love the snowy and vintage look and feel to this tag - so glad you saved it from last year because the background is beautiful. So inspiring and festive!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com