Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pale Winter Hues


Hello friends and visitors,

Whew, what a crazy couple of weeks it's been, huh?  This is the apex of the craft year and so many amazing new products have been introduced.  I am totally on information overload at this point.  First with an entire week of sneak peeks over on Tim Holtz's blog and then six days away from the shop for Creativation (CHA).  I returned home late Monday, spent most of Tuesday at the shop trying to get myself organized and back on track, then came home to my craft room and had to create something for Frilly and Funkie.  I apologize for very simple make again this time.  I sincerely hope my life settles in to a rut so I can spend more time on my paper crafting!

Hopefully you have visited us over at Frilly and Funkie and have already seen the Frilly girls' makes for this challenge.  If not, be sure to check out their inspirational art!  Suzz is our challenge host this fortnight and she wants us to create a vintage/shabby chic project using the winter hues of blue, white, silver and/or gray.  My project started with a jumbo manila tag that was coated with white gesso.  Next the Tim Holtz Birch stencil was used to stencil on silver embossing.  A small panel was created using Iced Spruce distress ink and a sentiment from the Wendy Vecchi set Blooming Art (Wendy has wonderful sentiments in EVERY set she produces).

Before I left for my CHA trip, I made up some embellishments using Prima silicone molds and paper clay.  For this project, I wanted something to offset the sentiment and grabbed a key hole embellishment from the batch of embellies I had created previously.  I quickly whitened it up with bit of Picket Fence distress paint and then went over it with a rub of Inka Gold Ice Blue which gave it an icy distressed look.

I made a very simple embellishment for the top using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Holiday Greens to cut a evergreen branch from white card stock.  I colored the branches with Iced Spruce distress ink and a Mini Ink Blending tool and then added two mini pine cones with were brushed to white gesso for a frosty look.

That's it.  Simple (but still took me 2 hours). And I'm sorry the photo isn't up to par.  I left my camera at the shop and had to take the photo with my phone.  I'll try to get a better image up tomorrow.


5 comments:

Jane said...

What a busy time for you Linda but how exciting to have been to CHA and seen all these wonderful new products in the flesh.Your tag is beautiful, the colours are so subtle and the trees are a perfect silhouette. Enjoy a "rest" now that you're home xx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! I was thrilled to see you played along! Especially knowing you are off buying us some fabulous product for the store! Beautiful tag and I love the silver with the birches! Frosty tag!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I don't know how you managed to create such a lovely tag on such a short timeline...but you did it and it's fabulous. Winter is filled with stark beauty...and you captured that here with texture, color palette and design. Welcome home. Wishing you a boring month in February! xo

sarascloset said...

Linda, I'm so happy you found some time for your papercrafting, because we are so blessed with this wintry scene! I love the silver embossing, and that birch stencil is one of my favorites. Great wintry hues for a beautiful woodsy scene. Welcome home and please get some rest. Thank you for shopping for some new goodies for us! Hugs and blessings!

Jenny Marples said...

Simple maybe, effective absolutely! Love the use of that clay moulded piece and the reflective shimmer to the stencilled trees background xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com